Over the last year Crafter Software has collected the top ten FAQs we most commonly receive from enterprises looking to invest in a modern Web Content Management solution. Each question is essential for any enterprise looking into a new WCM solution and the answers below reveal how Crafter CMS works to enable highly personalized digital experiences.
Crafter CMS Top FAQs Answered
1. Where is content stored?
Crafter Software was built on the award winning Alfresco ECM platform as the first and only fully integrated WCM solution for Alfresco.
2. What types of page templates are supported, and how are templates created?
Crafter supports all types of templates. Templates are coded in Freemarker and are created and managed in the CMS. Crafter allows multiple templates for any given item.
3. Is the UI easy to use for non-technical content authors?
Crafter CMS makes it very easy for non-technical authors to create, edit and manage content with drag-and-drop site design, in-context editing and multi-channel preview.
4. Does the CMS support multi-channel publishing (web, mobile, tablet)?
Yes! Crafter supports multi-channel publishing and offers a multi-channel preview so you can view what content edits will look like in iOS and Android before publishing right out of the box! Crafter CMS supports responsive mobile, adaptive mobile, and native mobile app approaches.
5. Does the CMS integrate with back-end systems like CRM, analytics, eCommerce, and Social Media?
Yes! Crafter integrates seamlessly with most best of breed back-end business solutions like Salesforce.com, Marketo, Hubspot, Omniture, Google Analytics, along with multiple language translation & e-commerce platforms. Crafter Social makes it very easy to add social capabilities to your website, such as user-generated comments, likes, ratings, blogs, discussion forums and more! Crafter Profile supports user profiles, and integration with social login, and third-party single sign-on systems.
6. Can administrators configure different types of user accounts and permissions that will limit their ability to view/edit specific types of content or specific sections of a piece of content?
Yes! Crafter gives you full control to create specific roles with specific access at each level of the information architecture within each web project. User activity can be fully monitored, including each user sign-in and all content interactions. Also, user activity can be audited by date and time of activity, type of activity and activity targets.
7. What types of content are supported? (video, .pdf, audio files, xml and binary downloads)?
Crafter supports all types of content and can be integrated with any media player.
8. Does the CMS offer language translation? What languages are supported?
Crafter supports language translation model and workflow. Crafter integrates seamlessly with most translation platforms and supports all languages.
9. Does the CMS support both simple and complex workflow?
Yes! Crafter supports both simple and complex workflows. Complex workflows are modeled via a graphical interface and executed in the workflow engine.
10. What is the difference between your open source Community Edition, your on-premise Enterprise Edition, and your SaaS-based Cloud Edition? Are there any limitations?
Crafter CMS is developed and licensed under an open source license (GPL v3). The software features for all Editions are exactly the same. However, the Enterprise and Cloud Editions provide you with:
Certified builds for the full set of supported stacks (Community is tested on a limited set of databases, browsers, etc.)
Access to upgrades and patches (security, etc.)
Ability to engage Crafter Certified Partners for implementation services
Fully managed service (Crafter Cloud Edition)
Looking to learn how Crafter CMS can help your enterprise? Email us at info@craftersoftware for details.