The latest trend in digital marketing is favoring video. Perhaps you’ve noticed – it’s nearly impossible to be online these days without experiencing some form of video marketing. The following are just a few statistics that may just be enough to convince your marketing team to start more video projects.
Volume Statistics for Video Marketing
- Almost one-third of total internet users are on YouTube (that’s over a billion!).
- 45% of internet users watch at least an hour of videos a week on YouTube and Facebook.
- YouTube viewers watch over 500 million hours of videos daily.
- Approximately 82% of Twitter users watch video content on that platform.
- More videos have been uploaded in the last 30 days than in the last 30 years on all major U.S. television networks.
- A whopping 87% of online marketers use video content as their preferred platform.
- Every 60 seconds approximately 72 Hours of video are uploaded to YouTube.
- A third of all online activity is spent viewing videos.
- Nearly 85% of users in the US watch videos online.
- Millennials watch the most videos online.
- Men spend 40% more time watching videos on the internet than women.
Mobile Video Marketing Statistics
- Mobile video is so popular that over half of the video content is viewed on smartphones or tablets.
- Mobile video viewers love to share with 92% sharing their videos after watching.
- Twitter users watch 90% of Twitter video views on a mobile device.
- More than 200 million broadcasts have been created by Periscope users.
- Each day over 10 million videos are watched on Snapchat.
Video Marketing Engagement Statistics
- Proof of its extreme popularity, 51% of global marketing professionals say video is their preference and offers the best ROI.
- Marketers using video grow revenue over 49% faster than those who don’t utilize video.
- It’s all about speed! If video and text are on the same topic, 59% of executives agree they are more likely to choose video.
- Forget text and images; social video generates 1200% more shares than those combined!
- There’s a 157% increase from video in organic traffic from SERPs.
- To get the most engagement go for videos up to 2 minutes long.
- Say what? Over 85% of Facebook videos are viewed muted.
- If you want to increase conversions by 80% or more, throw a video on your landing page.
- Facebook videos have a higher reach by tenfold compared to YouTube links.
- On average, the CVR for websites with video is 4.8%, in contrast to 2.9% for those that don’t.
- A landing page video makes it 53% more likely to show up on page 1 of the SERP.
- After viewing an ad, 46% of viewers act.
- An email with a video gets an increase of 96% click-through rate
- Video attracts as much as three times more monthly visitors.
- To attract three times more inbound links to blog posts, start incorporating video.
- To boost engagement by 22%, combine video with full-page ads.
Fun Video Marketing Facts
- If you want your viewers to retain a message, give it to them in a video! Statistics show 95% more retention versus 10% when read in text.
- By 2019, traffic from internet video will account for 80% of all consumer Internet traffic.
- Websites with video get 88% more of a viewer’s time.
Want to increase your marketing with video coverage? Thinking about a new strategy for 2018? Let Crafter Software get you the views you want – Shot us an email today!